Monday, November 15, 2010

A trip to the dump can be quite uplifting...




If I were a seagull, despite the smell, I think I would choose to live at the dump.
There's always plenty of food, the variety makes it like a smorgasbord on a cruise liner.

There are a lot other friends to be made at the dump; it's a very popular place to hang out and meet like minded souls, the equivalent I would say of the human pub on a Friday or Saturday night.
It's always happy hour at the dump because the food and drinks are free.

The colours at the dump are shiny and bright with all the plastic bags covered with logo's, aluminium, cardboard and glass.

If you squint your eyes; it's like looking through a kaleidoscope or even through a stained glass window. 

Sometimes things that can initially look quite depressing can be uplifting, it depends on your viewpoint.

What unusual and potentially melancholic places do you go to that can be sources of creativity?

I would like to do a whole series of  mini acrylic paintings about the dump, make them into cards and give them to people for Christmas ,just before they sit down to eat dinner.
How do you think that would go down?  

Before I go I'll leave you with something you will really dig.

Cheers Janet  



Creativity quote of the day.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
Albert Einstein

Check out my website at http://www.jkeen.net/

No comments: