Monday, September 9, 2013

Friendship

It is my belief that you have to love yourself and be your own best friend.

It's really as simple as that.

But it takes practise, approving of yourself for doing exactly what you want to do, without worrying about expectations  of others.

For instance today I did a meditation and I was supposed to also do some tidying and design work.
After the meditation I fell asleep.
I woke up an hour later.
Instead of feeling guilty that I wasn't good enough for wasting time,  I  just carried on and then my after school clients came.

It was a challenge, they were a bit fractious, they are only young  like 7 and 8 and it was late on a Friday. 
But we got through because I was rested.
 A number of times I  had to show patience and understanding, plus perseverence.

I did a lesson with them expressing loving themselves with their art and by the time they left they were both happy and smiling.
I told their mother and she was happy too.

Next week I am going to encourage them to do an artwork that demonstrates their love  for themselves.
At the end of it the girl said  "I love you Janet" and the boy said "goodbye beautiful Janet".
They call me their fairy Godmother and this is just lovely. 
My day is always better after teaching those children; as it is after teaching all of my  pupils. 

If I hadn't been rested it would have added to the stress.

When my husband came home I  told him and he smiled and said that's good as long as you are happy. 
I can see you love those children and they are good for you.

And that is why I love my husband so much.
He is a strong believer in loving himself. 
He supports whatever I do without ever putting any expectations on me.
He is happy that I'm happy and that is great.

As an artist it is important to be careful who you associate with. 
Only associate with people who genuinely like and approve of you and themselves.  
If you have a funny feeling about someone, believe in it and be wary.
Your intuition is always right. 
If  people who are supposed to be your friends are giving you mixed messages,  back away from them because as an artist you don't need them in your life.
Travel lightly and with people who help make you feel like soaring. 

It is better to be alone than to be with a false friend.

Creative Quote of the week
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. Buddha

.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. George Washington

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust 

 
 Make some new friends and meet positive, uplifting people in a creative, artistic and happy environment. 
Enrol on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning for  a set of creative mosaic or painting classes with me. 
9.30am to 11.30 am
$25.00 per hour per person, plus materials. 
Phone 07 346-3435 
Email jkeen@clear.net.nz

No comments: