Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who is your muse? What is a muse? If you haven't got one, get one it will help you fly with creativity.

I have a client who comes to me for art lessons and her muse is her boyfriend.



That is great, I get plenty of work out of her. 
It's a win, win for both of us
She gives her boyfriend a lot of the work she creates in my studio.
I think it's romantic, innocent  and lovely. 





 More about muses.

A muse turns on the light within....       
                            A muse sparks inspiration in others.....                                              
                                                                   A muse inspires others to do something different .....better. greater...



 



 A muse awakens the soul....and unlocks the power of the mind...
                                                                                         A muse helps imagination become a reality...and dreams to become reachable goals...







  A muse unfolds the layers of discovery...unfolds the layers of your wisdom... 



         A muse is an alchemist of the senses who sparks the passion in ones nature....
 A muse is discovery....

 

                                                                                           A muse is Nature....
A muse is the bridge connecting yesterday with the present and today with the future....
                                     A muse is Love.

 

A muse reminds you to listen to your heart, consider the mind, and see with your soul   

                                                                                
A muse takes you to the moon and beyond....
A muse shows you the rose petalled staircase to the stars.....


 A muse is free of limits...and endless possibilities


What I think about muses
Clients can be  muses, especially if I like what they want me to make and if I like what they are making.
They can be students of mine, it goes both ways.

They can be real people or imaganied or they can be the spirits of people who have passed on.

You just have to stay in the now and enjoy their positive influence. 

You will know who they are when you meet them.
It's like an instant connection. 
Being in their presence makes you want to be a better person. 
They make you feel more alive. 
They make you stretch yourself. 
They make you want to do things you haven't done before. 
They make you stretch outside of your comfort zone. 


When you find someone who is your muse and you theirs it's a friendship that transcends everything. 
You don't even have to talk about it to each other  because you both know that each other knows.
 It's that simple. 
It is magical and special, it doesn't come along every day, so if you have it you need to honour, respect and treasure it. 

 Creative Quotes of the day 
 You should treat a muse like a fairy. Paulo Coelho

 The ancient Greek oral poets all had this anxiety about the deficiencies of their memories and always began poems by praying to the Muse to help them remember. David Antin

 Muse. Mu-se. It's a great thing, for someone to feel that they can draw inspiration from you. And I don't think it's necessarily a man 'taking' from a woman. It can go both ways, both can stimulate, excite. Chloe Sevigny
 

Janet Keen Muse Services.
If you havent got a muse, let me offer my services. 
Come  to me for a series of art mentoring lessons. 
I will be encouraging and helpful and you can  go further with your your creative project. 
Bring all your own art materials. 
$25.00 per person  per hour for painters plus materials. 

Ring me to discuss your project. 346-3435  jkeen@clear.net.nz

I can help anyone,, no idea too big or small.

1 comment:

teri said...

Thanks for all the love over on Facebook today- I love this post about our Muse. And while I have not been blogging since May 2013, ( I do hope to return.) I am still creatively alive and loving it. As always I LOVE what you are doing with your clients. xoxo Teri