Saturday, June 25, 2016

Auckland adventure, Carmen Jones Eatery, Bar and Lounge

Last weekend we had to go to Auckland to my mothers 80th birthday party  lunch on the Sunday, so my husband Graham and I went up and stayed in a lodge near the domain and went for a photo safari adventure along Karangahape road on the Saturday afternoon. 
We came across a lovely cafe called Carmen Jones Eatery Bar and Lounge 

                             and stopped for a cup of tea



 Look at this gorgeous glass it came in. made the tea taste divine



I was so taken by the artistry of the cafe that I took a lot of photos and have made double exposures out of them to make them look more arty, rather than straight photos. 
 The cafe was so warm inviting with a snuggly open fire and glowy colours with beautiful art prints and originals on the walls . 
I met the owner who designed it. 
She was vivacious, really friendly and originally from Taupo. 
Next time I  go back to Auckland we are going to  stop and have a 
 meal because the menu looked very appetising. 
 The staff were friendly and beautiful, the furniture eclectic and something to celebrate. 
 You'd be tempted to stay there all day. 
I love cafes that look like art shops or even upscale living rooms. 
It's only been open  for about 8 months and I'm sure it will be very successful . 
I wish them all the best. 
It should get an award for the decor. Just wonderful. 
Thank you so much for inspiring me.
 I felt like I was in Cuba, Mexico, Spain and Greece all at once. 

I would love to exhibit some of my work in a cafe like this 


 Art and prints on the walls mixed with textures from the walls. 



Lovely waitress

 Lovely waitress crossed with texture from the table, double exposure. 


 Double exposure Cup of tea in nice glassses crossed with texture of a table


Double exposure of texture of walls with texture of table 


Double exposure of art on the walls with  texture of table 

Art, mosaics, photography workshops available. 
Email jkeen@clear.net.nz


Phone:           0273513887
                     073463435 

See my shots on facebook and viewbug. 

Creative Quote of the day 
Food is for eating, and good food is to be enjoyed... I think food is, actually, very beautiful in itself. Delia Smith
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/good_food.html
“Photography is a love affair with life.”

Charlie Waite
1949

Food is for eating, and good food is to be enjoyed... I think food is, actually, very beautiful in itself. Delia Smith
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/good_food.html


No comments: