Sunday, March 6, 2011

What have I been up to creatively this week?

This week I decided to try doing portraits every day or at least draw something every day and I managed to do it.
I have noticed that in the short time I have been drawing,  I  have been improving.
I draw the portraits from next magazine upside down, I have been recommending to all my srtudents that they do this.
It's fun because you don't see the picture until you turn it  the right way up.

Betty Edwards  in her famous book Drawing on the Right hand side of the Brain advocates this technique.
Try it...you will be amazed at what you can achieve painlessly.
I figure if I keep it up at the end of the year I will have 365 portraits.


                                                        Day 2 Portrait

                                                                    Day 2 Portrait

Day 3 Portrait


Day 4 Portrait

                                                                     Day 5 Portrait

I am dividing my week up into tasks and making a visual diary about my ability to stay on task.
This will reinforce my intentions and hopefully I will achieve my goals of world art domination and fame more quickly.

 Monday and Tuesday is devoted to art and mosaic  teaching,
Wednesday is Art marketing.
Thursday is Artist Date Day where I  do anything I want artwise for enjoyment.
This can include movie viewing, gallery viewing, poetry reading and writing, walking,  photography, smelling flowers, short story writing, gardening, in short what ever I  feel like.
Friday is tax and paperwork day
Saturday and Sunday are adventuring, photographing( including photoshop manipulation) and exercising days.

Of course other tasks like housework,gardening, tidying, blogging, planning, resting, dreaming, scheming, daily walks/swimming and visualising have to be fitted in.

Who has time to be bored when you are living a creative life?

Creativity Quote of the day

Four steps to achievement: Plan purposefully. Prepare prayerfully. Proceed positively. Pursue persistently.

William Arthur Ward

No comments: