Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Flowers in my Organic Mosaic Cottage Garden

Angelica Flower


Don't know the name



Dont know the name



 Gaillardia


                                  Sedum




Roadside Daisy

Japanese Maple

Ponga frond


Water buttercup
( This is a plant in my fish pond)


                                  Lambs Ears


                                  Mallow

                                  
                    Penstemon


                               
                    Wisteria


Garden Dairy
Every year I have noticed that the harsh, frosty winters in Rotorua claim some of my plants and this means that I am always needing to propogate more from cuttings to replace them.
There is always work in a garden, it doesn't just look after itself year after year, even though I plant quite heavily.
There is a battle between plants and weeds.
If left, weeds would win.
I wonder why this is.
 The buttercup on this proerty is rampant and the convulvulous is ever creeping.
I am keeping a small area in relative weedy wilderness because it is a haven for bugs and lizards.

There are so many more honey bees now coming into the garden.
Sometimes the buzzing  is almost  deafening.
Three years ago I had hardly any honey bees and lots of bumble bees.
I love bumble bees and always welcome them when they bumble into my studio.
 Bumble bees are cute looking plus they are optimists.
Apparently because of their wing to body ratio they shouldn't be able to fly.
But they do.
What a  miracle.

A person has moved a group of hives into a paddock about three kilometers away from me on Paradice Valley Road.
 I am sure the bees are all coming from there.
I like to think that I am adding to the honey mans supply.

One year I had the priviledge of having a nest of bumblebees in my front garden.
Little baby bees were everywhere. 
It was cute.

Last year a nest of wasps took up residence in the bank leading down to the secret, sunken garden.
We had to poison it.
 I don't usually like to have poison of any type on the property because it is totally organic.
I often wonder though if a bee goes to an inorganic garden and leaves some pollen on one of my organic flowers does it strictly mean that my garden is organic?.
 You can't control where insects go, can you?


Creative quote of the day
Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
 Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
Ashley Smith


My garden is available during the spring and summer for school groups, community groups, garden groups and groups of people wanting to see the mosaics and artwork.
An admission charge is applicable.
Contact me on jkeen@clear.net.nz or phone me at 07 3463435 to arrange a suitable time.



All photographs and images on this blog are for sale.

Email me at jkeen@clear.net.nz with your enquiry.


All photographs are copyrighted by Janet Keen and may not be used for any purpose without written permission 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, so beautiful and attractive flowers they are, what a great photography, you have taken amazing pictures of these amazing flowers. Thanks for sharing.

wall art printing