Monday, February 11, 2013

Art in the Park Rotorua 2013

           





Janet Keen and April Hines at their stand at Art in the Park,  Rotorua Government Gardens, photograph taken by Rotorua Arts Village Manager Tania Short.


It  was great running it with April because it made it easier for us to look after the stand. 
People just adored April's dolls, they are just so cute and well made.
I have one of my own and she's a guardian of my studio.
April has had a lot of stands at art fairs and itsa not normally what I do, but enjoyed talking to everyone and loved the way she had some great accessories and fabric to make our stand really attractive. 

The time went so quickly. 

I am now going to mosaic some owls, which I have been meaning to start for ages. 



Thanks so much to Tania, Julia Steele Marketing person and the volunteers and board members of Rotorua Arts Village for running such an enjoyable and successful event.
All the people coming to view our works were really happy, interested and wanting to talk to us about our dolls, paintings and mosaics, so we had a fantastic time.
April sold some dolls and I sold some cards and had a number of people interested in my Visual Diary Art workshop at Rotorua Arts Village, which I'm running on Thursday nights, starting 28th February.

Creative Quote of the Day
 “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”
William Shakespeare



No comments: