Friday, May 30, 2014

Rotorua is beautiful even on a dull day,

Try going down to the lakefront with your camera and see what you can come up with.
I dare you.

 I am going to do it on Saturday morning because for the past day and a half  I have been marooned on the couch writing because I have had a bad throat and the beginnings of what I thought was the flu, even though I've had flu injections.




If I ever feel sick I make sure I have the day off. I swallow lots of citrus, listen to positive affirmation tapes and wrap my cat around me. There is nothing worse than spreading germs to other people and having sickness malingering on for weeks. I try to enjoy the feelings of being sick because it is natures way of telling me to slow down.



I am grateful that my job isn't so pressurised that it becomes uncomfortable to have time off.
Ever since I have been working for myself creatively I have had very few sick days.
 Way less than when I was working for other people.
I feel blessed.

I didn't have any art classes on Thursday but I had to put off my  road trip to Hamilton where I was planning to visit the Waikato Art and History Museum, Soul Gallery, Gordon Harris Art Supplies, Waikato University and go out for lunch in a nice café.
 I was going to see if I could have coffee with the museum director because she is a friend of mine.


The weather was cold, grey and windy, so it was  good that I was sick because driving to Hamilton would not have been pleasant. 
 The other positive thing was that I didn't feel like eating very much.
I'm always open to the possibility of losing weight when I'm unwell. 


I still managed to cook my husband an Italian dish called Otto Bousso with meat that my neighbour gave to me and jacket potatoes which I mashed with cheese.
He came home at lunchtime and had home made pumpkin and bacon hock soup and garlic bread  ready for him that  I had cooked previously.

I taught my three pupils on Friday afternoon and we made beaded sun catchers and safari animal 3D paintings.
 They were very lively at the beginning.
I think it may have been the weather and the fact that I was not altogether as on to it as I usually am.
 I am looking into instigating some classroom control methods, so that we have maximum productivity as well as fun.

I am now feeling a lot better for resting.
I have written six pages of longhand and completed some exercises out of The Vein of Gold, By Julia Cameron.
 I have been writing three pages for the past month and things are starting to flow to me more quickly.
 I am also having a number of serendipitous moments.


Altogether considering that we are going onto winter my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual state is stable and positive.
I am looking forward to a happy and productive winter.


 
 
Creative quotes of the day

"Do what you can where you are with what you have."
~ Theodore Roosevelt

"Don't spend your precious time asking "Why isn't the world a better place?" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is "How can I make it better?" To that there is an answer. "
~ Leo Buscaglia
 
 



 
After school art and mosaic classes for children and young people  aged 5 to 18.
Monday to Wednesday and Friday from 3.30 pm enrolling now.
Book your special, creative child in today.
 
Join me on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings for water colour painting classes for beginners from 9.30am to 11.30am
$50.00 per two hour session.




Community and School Group bookings for afternoons welcome.
Call me for a quote.
 

 



Email jkeen@clear.net.nz
Phone 346-3435
txt 0273513887
Studio/ Painting and Mosaic School
374 Clayton Road,
Rotorua




No comments: