Friday, June 20, 2014

Rotorua Public Library mini display


This is the display that I have in the library about my holiday programme. 

I  am happy with it. 

I even have articles about how to make things from my Daily Post DIY column on it. 

 I see exhibiting there  largely  as a community service, to encourage others to be creative. 

The best place for getting feed back for my classes is the Rotorua Daily Post and the Weekender.
I love that paper.
Ever since I worked there so many years ago, they have been very supportive of me and I really appreciate it.

Doing a display in the library is an interesting exercise because you can see if your message is getting through. 
I've stood and watched people walk past and you would be surprised how many people go by and don't even look at the boards. I was  intrigued by that because I always look at them.
I am interested in seeing what is going on in my community.

But it just goes to show you that all people are different so if you want to appeal to your target market, (ie people who will sign up for courses), you need to find out where they are and I am thinking that they don't seem to be in the library.

You may think that people know what you are trying to market but if you ask them you would be surprised how many people don't take in your message. 

I'd like to stand outside my display one time and ask people to comment. 
While I was hanging it up people kept coming up to me and saying how much they liked my flower and mirror project, so I think  it would be a hit if I had an exhibition of them.

I am selling School Holiday mosaic and painting classes at the moment so if you are interested please email me at jkeen@clear.net.nz or phone on 07 346-3435
I'm running them from 9.30am to 12.30pm  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday both weeks and the kids can make a bird, fish, heart or flower mosaic.



 This is really because I want to be a travel writer and I am visualising that someone will discover my blog and it may go viral.
It makes me feel like I am inching towards my target of being world famous.
 
I would also like to make enough money to travel overseas spreading the word about how to be creative from a New Zealand perspective. 

I am looking into crowd funding. 
Creative Quote of the week
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder people like your mirror. i would hang that in a nano second.