Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where did the time go? It's Tuesday already.




Creativity update:
Sunday
Spent the morning taking shots of the Art in the Park at the Government Gardens. Going to put them on a disk to give to Rotorua Arts Village Manager, Tania. Got a few quirky ones.

Monday.
Taught my after school kids. It was good to see them back. They  are doing some very creative work.
Taught my  evening watercolour painting class at Rotrua Arts Village. 
My pupils  are doing so well, really getting into tonal and monochromatic studies and letting the paint just flow.
Next week I'll take some shots to show you.

Drama
The Poplars next door were felled and I will be writing a poem about that.
Watch this space.


Tuesday
Today I will be creating another art journal page, tidying the studio (which isn't creative) , teaching my after school kids class and teaching my evening  Rotorua Arts Village Acrylic Painting Class.

I am encouraging my pupils to try to do a drawing every day.
Just take a book, with an illustration or photo in it.
 Turn it upside down and draw it with  an HB pencil.
You will be surprised how accurate it is when you turn it up the right way.

Do this for a week and you will see a rapid improvement.

Try reading Betty Edwards book called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain ( A course in enhancing creativity and artistic confidence. ) It is available in most libraries. I have the book and am constantly referring to it.

 It will improve your drawing and observational skills if you do the exercises.

Bye for now Janet

Creativity Quote of the Day

A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.


Paul Klee



No comments: