Friday, May 6, 2011

Dogs I have met over the past week...

                                                        I used to be scared of all dogs


                                                     Now I'm not

                                        Only some of them


This one is described by his Ohinemutu owner as a big softy, he only looks viscious.
He was ok, my only beef with him was he wouldn't sit still for long enough or look into thecamera.


I would like a little white Scottish Terrier.
They say people choose dogs that look like themselves, good thing I'm not after a pug.


My cat Gary gets jealous if I  spend any time with any other animal apart from him and this sometimes includes my laptop. 

If I survive my husband and my cat I most likely will get a dog for companionship, providing I can afford the dogfood and I haven't become a destitute old bag lady from lack of art sales.

I think it would be easier to find a compatible dog than another compatible husband.

Dogs always adore you; every day to them is a honeymoon.
I recently bought a poetry book by New Zealand poet Siobahn Harvey.
I have had it out of the library about ten times and I saw it in Mcleods Booksellers, it was on sale.
I snapped it up.
Here is the cover.


To Saddler a Puppy
Alistair Te Ariki Campbell



We had to give you away
We couldn't keep you
and your brother.
We already have your mother
your father, your aunt and your big brother.
Two more would have been
two too many-
you had to go.
But when I carried you
to the petshop, feeling like an executioner,
why did you lick me?



Creative dog quotes of the day.
Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies. ~Gene Hill

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown





No comments: