Thursday, April 26, 2012

Impressionist Photography

          I went on holiday to Ohiwa Harbour a week ago. Holidays are great for aiding creativity.
          Below are my impressions of one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand.
           Enjoy.

      These shots were taken out of a moving car on dusk

        Don't worry I was not driving.

       I love the way the trees shatter during the car movement.

     The ghostly images to me are more interesting than a realistic landscape.
    With my photography I prefer to dwell in the land of the unknown or the imaginary.

    This one looks moody and  like a storm was coming , yet it was taken  on a perfect Autumn evening

   The beautiful, smooth flowing expanse of water

     like liquid gold
     It could almost be a moonscape.

If you want to try this you need a co-operative driver, my  husband is always accommodating and even offers to stop the car occasionally.
I used a 50 mm prime lens on aperture 4 and in some cases left it under exposed by one stop.

It's best to do it in the golden hour around sunset.
Early morning is good as well.

 Creativity Quotes of the day
Impressionism is the newspaper of the soul.

Henri Matisse


Impressionism; it is the birth of Light in painting.
Robert Delaunay

2 comments:

Jo said...

Love these!

teri said...

Look what I've missed by staying away so long. These are digital beauties. Next car trip you can bet I will be giving this a try.