Sunday, July 8, 2012

Art Appreciation at the Auckland City Art Gallery

I finally had a chance to visit the newly renovated and enlarged Auckland City Art Gallery a couple of weeks ago when I went to the Imagenation Photographic conference.
 It is now  a light filled and modern place with beautiful views.
The galleries are large and accommodating for the works.

 I have always loved Fine Art Photographer, Fiona Pardington's work, most of which I  have only ever  seen in books.
It was great to be able to view this particular creation in real life.

Following are other artworks I really liked as well.
I was amazed that they let people take photos, well done, excellent PR and a rare  thing for a public art gallery to do.

                                        Bill Hammond

     Richard Killeen

     Rosalie Gasgoine


    Rosalie Gasgoine


I didnt take down

the names
of these
other
artists
which was
naughty
so if any are
living and they
see this post, I apologise.
If you build up an image diary of the type of art work you like;  you can see where your own work fits in.
You will  perhaps notice re-ocurring motifs and concepts, probably even colour tones and layouts.


Inspiration for work can be found everywhere, it's a matter of taking the time to see.

Creativity Quotes
Don't forget, a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.)

This was one of those special occasions when I could actually feel the inner appreciation of the beauty of the moment passing like an electric current through the brush in my hand. (Prince Charles)

When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy. (Samuel Goldwyn)

No comments: