Friday, July 20, 2012

Photographic sequences, take out your camera and stalk a friend


Background
My husband Graham and I sometimes go  down to Kuirau Park market about 9am on a Saturday.
We  buy some samosas at the Indain stand closest to the foot baths, (me vegetarian, him meat) and sit down with our feet in  the  thermal water, while munching.


 The story
I took Wieland (photographer) to Kuirau Park market one Autumn morning for a photoshoot for a video I  was envisaging creating.
  He didn't want to try the samosas so I  sat with mine beside the footbaths.

                           It  was a perfect day,  a perfect time for  "people shooting"
                  The birds were singing, the sun was out,  the steam was billowing
              
                   But then suddedly someone else unexpectedly popped into the picture. 
               
                      

                  You were too busy capturing the way the light was dancing on steam

                                 to notice the stalker


                              Until it was too late and she had  rubbed her tail against your leg.
                               


 It's important to have good interpersonal skills when you are the Kuirau park tabby

                             because you are never quite sure whether your next meal or scratch


               is coming or going.


The world is full of friends you haven't met yet.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."Albert Camus




Surely someone around here has something for a kitty for breakfast, they should carry pieces of smoked fish  around in their pockets instead of smart phones .


   Smart phones  kill conversation with people who are present and they don't smell anywhere near as nice as smoked fish.



           Alone time is just as important as together time

    But not for long

     Maybe if I pose well enough

                           a picture of me will be

    make it onto the front cover of a


 Friskeys Cat Biscuit box.





What's happening as a consequence of me trolling through my photo archives and embellishing  this story? 

I'm going back there this Saturday, with my husband at 9am if he isn't working; because  I have made myself very hungry writing this post.
Maybe I can get a good sequence with him doing something exciting like devouring six meaty samosas.

 Well yes folks  we did go to Kuirau Park market yesterday for a  Samosa eating adventure.


 I know you've all been sitting on the edge of your computer seats waiting for it.


                          Of course it's an indulgence you probably wouldn't  have every day or you'd be as             big   as                        a  giant samosa.
                            But once in a while it's lovely. The warmth of the water on your feet

                                  the warmth of the samosa in your tummy

                            The aromatic smell of samosas mixed
                          with sulpherous steam from the bubbling  thermal waters.


                             It's heaven;  there's no doubt about it.

Family Outing.
Going to the Kuirau Park market is a fantastic idea for a family outing, or a date with your significant other or someone you would like to be significant with.
It's inexpensive and  it's a great melting pot of  food and people.
You can try all sorts of  other morsels at reasonable prices, (it doesn't have to be about samosas and if you are a health  nut there are tons of veges to choose from that are super big, super well priced and super fresh).
It's run by Rotary North Club so the profits go back to the community.


There are creative gems in your own back yard; you just need to get out a metaphorical spade and dig them up.


Creative Cat Quotes of the day 
Don't think that I'm silly for liking it, I just happen to like the simple little things, and I love cats! - Michelle Gardner

 Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect. - James Mason

God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things. - Pablo Picasso

No comments: