Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Flowers and plants and herbs in my organic garden

I am now one day behind my intention to do a blog post per day for the month of  Novemebr so you will be treated to two posts on the same day, when I get time.

While writing my column on creativity for the Rotorua Weekender I had an idea of going around my whole garden to document photographically every plant and flower.
It will be interesting to see how many plants I can identify and how many are a mystery. 
I will probably be including weeds because believe it or not they are important.

The garden is on the equivalent of a quarter acre section so there are a fair amount of specimens.

Here goes with some of them.

Yellow Climbing rose



                                                Red Rhododendron
                                              


Ballerina Standard Rose




                                                Boysenberry Flower


                                                        Camelia

                                                         Crimson Chinese Lantern

                                            Yellow Chinese Lantern

                                           Red and Yellow Chinese Lantern

                                                     White Chinese Lantern

                                                            Comfrey


                                             
                                                Fennel

                                                      
                                                         Foxglove White

                                                     
                                                         Fuschia

                                            Hebe white

Creative quote of the day 
 “The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul.”
Thomas More


 My garden is available  during the Spring and summer for school groups, community groups,  garden groups and groups of people wanting to see the mosaics and artwork. 
An admission charge is applicable. 
 Contact me on jkeen@clear.net.nz or phone me at 07 3463435 to arrange a suitable time. 

 
   

1 comment:

Hydroponics Supplies said...

I love the ballerina standard rose! Thank you for giving readers a peek of your organic garden. Keep them growing.