Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gardening off and on all weekend

I have a group of twenty  Garden Club women are  coming for a visit from Tokoroa on Thursday.
 Over the years I have had  people and groups  from garden clubs and bus tours visiting and they pay me for a mosaic demonstration and a tour around the garden.
This is good because it helps me keep my garden as up to date as I can manage.
It's never perfect but I like to think that its part of its charm.

I have been working all weekend  in my garden and my body feels like it.
Thank goodness I have a magnetic underlay, with this aches and pains just disappear.

                                               Clematis


                                                         Federation Daisy


                                                       Spraxia
                                           Cornflower

                                             Forget Me Not

                                                        Fuschia

                                              Aquilega or Granny Bonnet

                                                         Honesty

                                                 Jasmine

                                                          Lavender

                                                      Orange Blossom

                                                   Orchid

                                                      Azalea

These are just some of the flowers out at the moment in my organic cottage and vegetable garden.
 I have decided to document every plant in my garden and post it on here.
So if you aren't into gardens you should just tune out now.

Gardening is really creative and quite back breaking when you do it all weekend.  I love it though and never resent pulling out weeds.

Both of my Grandmothers were great gardeners. I have inherited their love of it.
I  am sure that sometimes I can feel sensatiuons coming from the flowers.

In the orange blossom at the moment a Tui is having an incredible feasting party.
 I am hoping to capture it with my lens.


Creative Quote of the Day

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero


 My garden is available  during the Spring and summer for school groups, community groups,  garden groups and groups of people wanting to see the mosaics and artwork. 
An admission charge is applicable. 
 Contact me on jkeen@clear.net.nz or phone me at 07 3463435 to arrange a suitable time. 


No comments: