Monday, June 9, 2014

Mt Maunganui Day Trip Adventure.

 Do you ever feel you just want to get away from where you live and have an adventure?


 
 The advantage of living in Rotorua is that it is easy to escape somewhere else which is just as beautiful and exciting.

On Sunday morning my husband and I were heading out to the Lake Okareka boardwalk and it was raining slightly.

 I said "What would happen if we just kept going and went to the Mount for the day?
He said yes so off we went.



We stopped the car on the sea front at the Mount and walked along the road to the main shopping area and called into Zeytan which is my favourite Middle Eastern cafe and had a lovely cup of coffee and a muffin for fuel.



We then walked along the road and walked up a steep flight of steps to a little mountain called Mt Drury that is at the end of the shopping area.
I've passed it a hundred time and never walked up.



The view at the top is lovely and sitting on the picnic table at the top gave us a rest after the steep climb.





We then walked down the other side to the sea and walked along the boardwalk.
Then we  walked back to Zeytan and had bread and four dips and Graham had scallops plus we had freshly squeezed orange juice.
I love their dips and I have them every time I go there.

After this we walked back to the beach and went for another short walk out to Moturiki Island and down a flight of steps to some rocks where some fishermen were.




We watched some men surfing and some boys looking for crabs amongst the rocks.






We then walked back to our car



And saw this dramatic sky



We escaped the rain in Rotorua for the afternoon and had some exercise.



I then went to mass and caught up with a couple of friends.
I was happy after the sermon because the priest talked about peace.
My aim for the week is to have peace of mind every day, no matter what challenges I am faced with.


Creative Quotes of the day
It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it.

I'm concentrating on staying healthy, having peace, being happy, remembering what is important, taking in nature and animals, spending time reading, trying to understand the universe, where science and the spiritual meet.


If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.


 

 

No comments: