Thursday, January 8, 2015

Waiararapa Christmas Holiday 2015

 



The art of being a lovely photographer...
Some snaps from our holiday, please enjoy.
Mount Ruapehu on the Dessert Road on the way down to Waiararapa


Grape vines and vineyards are everywhere in Waiararapa,





 we stayed in a little white cottage in the middle of a vineyard at number 



The mail box at our cottage




 This was one of our views
 It was what I imagine the South of France to be like. 
This padlock looked intriguing in the golden light

I love beehives and I  thought these ones were lovely

Dappled light



 
This lighthouse took a long time to drive to but was it worth it.
The steps up on a sweltering day I thought I wouldn't make but I got there and
   the view was well worth it.

 

Beautiful coastline with huge seal colonies. 





This is the bridge over the stony river that we went to most days for a swim to cool down. The water was clean and reasonably swift flowing but it wasn't too cold and it felt so good to cool down


I loved this abandoned cottage in the middle of a maize field.
 There were a number of old buildings lie this on farms that would have been great to explore. 

Creative Quote of the week  
 Dear brothers and sisters, after the great Pope John Paul II, the cardinals have elected me - a simple, humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord.

No comments: