Saturday, February 19, 2022

He Kete Kotahi He Whenu Maha, One Basket Many Strands Exhibition, 2nd to 25th March 2022

This is the composite grid that I have put together of my students expressionist flower paintings, using Resene Testpot paints. I am coating them with resin over the next few days.
We are as leaves of one tree, as flowers of one garden They are mostly my after school students ranging from ages 8 to 15 and two adults; me and an adult mother student. Which ones do you think are the adults ones? Hard to tell isn't it? "One basket, Many Strands: exhibition at the Rotorua Arts Village from 2nd-25th March. They may not be exhibited in this format at the Arts Village, subject to space. The organiser Trish doesn't know how many artworks she has for it. I will display this grid in my studio until the works are taken to the Rotorua Arts Village. I am planning to have photos of every student infront of the grid in my studio and also more individual photos of them with their work. It could also serve as a selfie wall. The resin makes them hard to photograph because of the reflective quality but we will see how well my new iphone pro max does. The camera on it is fantastic. We are as leaves of one tree, as flowers of one garden. Due to some students transferring to Wednesday I still have some vacancies on Tuesday, this term and next term for After School Art Classes. Times 3.30pm to 4.30pm 4.30pm to 5.30pm Phone or text Janet on 027 3513887 for prices and details. Studio/ classroom/students Gallery at 374 Clayton Road, Rotorua Email janet@jkeen.net. Hurry limited places.

No comments: