Monday, November 1, 2010

On safari in my own back yard




 I love cats and I've always wanted to go on an African safari to see them stalking prey in their native habitat. I decided to go with a fellow photographer friend to the Paradise Valley Lion Park on a pretend safari. 
Action shots of lions fighting over slabs of meat were what I was after. But it was not to be as it was a docile, lazy day.
 There was only one moment of tension during a brief roaring and clawing fracas between a father and son, that I failed to capture because of my camera's slothful shutter speed.

The time evaporated as quickly as the legs of horse and beef that were flung over the tall, wire fence.

I took my trusty Two Buck Shop bubble juice along and we blew orbs into the bush, over trout spawning streams and inside man made caves in a quest for the perfect bubble shot. Out of around  twenty snaps I captured only one that approached a smidgen of the vision in my head.

Of course that's the advantage of digital isn't it?... You don't like it.... Just delete it..... Keep shooting, you'll get it sometime..... the world is full of abundance.

The two and a half hours spent communing with native and exotic birds, friendly farmyard and semi -wild animals and walking alongside native bush clad pools of fat, rainbow trout and ravenous eels seemed like only half a hour.

 I'm still smiling at the memory of the wallaby's whiskers tickling my cupped hands full of dried, golden corn kernals and the grey, crumbly pellets.

 I'm going back soon because the call of the wild and the lure of the perfect bubble shot is only a moment away......

Creativity Quote of The Day
Look and you will find it-what is unsought will go undetected.
Sophocles

No comments: