Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rotorua Artist Janet Keen, Rotorua Artist, Janet Keen, Rotorua Artist, Janet Keen, Rotorua Artist Janet Keen.

all the way from Rotorua New Zealand, volcanic heartland. 

Latest fine art photography exhibition, Rotorua Public Library. 

Just a few of the people I have taught and events I have been involved with ...


Mosaic with Bonnie, all the way from America.



 

Joss, all the way from National Park central north island in the snow.


           Tarquin and Roman, all the way from Rerewhakaiatu


Nadia and her Hippo, all the way from Holland.


After school pupil Kyle Burling loves trucks, all the way from Rotorua.


Families art workshops, all the way from America


  And more of this  lovely, intelligent, talented family


 

Ruby all the way from Rotorua


Debbie all the way from Rotorua



Debbie's exhibition pieces, yes I even organise exhibitions for my regular pupils.

This was in Essence Cafe all the way on Ngongotaha.




Moira, all the way from England.

I teach beginners to advanced, realistic to abstract. 

 You name it I cover it.


Lynette all the way from the lake front

This was Lynettes first portrait of her mother, amazing. 

I have an easy peasy,  portrait lesson that guarantees good likenesses, even if you are a first time painter.


School pupils, murals and paver projects. All the way from Te Kuiti.


Miles, all the way from Australia.

After school, holiday and weekend workshops of animal mosaics for kids and adults.


Lisa's first portrait, this is a beginner artist, my lessons ensure success as long as people are prepared to put the effort in and be patient.


  All the way from Japan 

You'd be surprised how many different nationalities seem to make their way to my studio door. 

You could almost call me an international school.

At the moment I have Chinese, Japanese South African, American, Maori, Indian and Dutch pupils.

It's great to get to know other cultures.

 I have recently put in a Japanese peace garden and my next one will be Chinese. 

I am hoping to go to China this year with my husband when he has to go for his work. 


John Paul College student, John all the way from Ngakuru

I have taught many Catholics over the years. 

Maybe the reason for this is that Catholics are exposed to a lot of amazing artwork in churches so they have a highly  developed appreciation for it. 


 Kyle has won numerous awards since being taught by me for the past 10 years.

 

I have taught a surprising number of boys and we have had a great time, my lessons can be tailor-made to anyone's interests.

 I have taught a surprising number of teachers  who are excellent learners and brilliant  team workers. 



Look at this collage done with gold leaf and plaster, very imaginative. 

If you give a person encouragement and tools they can really do some very creative work.


 

 I  teach painting techniques from bright 

(Hilary loves really bright landscapes) 

To  low key colours.

Heather prefers subdued and monochromatic hues.

As an artist I  need to versatile because things change rapidly and  don't want to get stuck in a time warp. 

 I spend as much as 60 per cent of my time on marketing,  getting my name out there and having exhibitions to showcase my work. 

 

My aim is to have everyone in Rotorua knowing who I am because if people know and like me, they will work with me.

 I learned this from super networker Debra Bell when I attended her workshops on networking a number of years ago.



Evelyn with the start of her landscape work in Autumn tones. 

I spend a lot of time on the computer writing press releases and letting people know what I'm up to on facebook.  


 Laura and Heidi . 

These girls came to me from the internet, all the way from America and Holland.

 Lovely positive, young and risk taking attitudes.

 This is their very first landscape work.

If you want to reach young people you have to have a strong computer presence. 


This is Jenny Argante (far right) my  former writing mentor, she is originally all the way from England.

She has introduced me to loads of people all the way from Tauranga.

She bought these Canadian Writers over to my studio for lunch one day.

 She has commissioned me to do two mosaics and a cover for a book.


 

 It's about believing that there is a bigger picture being painted for you and it will all be ok as long as you have faith and just keep on hitting that ball. 




This year I have been focusing on attending Photography workshops. Why do you think I'm doing this? 

It's because artists of the future will need to be competent in photography and videography if they want to market themselves successfully on the web.

I have met some absolutely incredible photographers. 

 Without exception they have been some of the nicest most positive and flexible  people I have ever met in my life. 

I belong to the Rotorua Camera club and I  just love it.

I also belong to the Tokoroa Camera Club as well, they are also a great bunch .


Have a happy day and always remember that I am available to service your creative needs whenever you feel like contacting me. 

No idea too big.

Email me on jkeen@clear.net.nz

Creative Quotes of the day

“The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.  The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
-Ralph W. Sockman
 Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.''
-Corrie Ten Boom

"You've got to follow your passion.  You've got to figure out what it is you love--who you really are.  And have the courage to do that.  I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dream."
-Oprah Winfrey


.

No comments: