Friday, March 13, 2015

Lake Te Ko Utu Adventure taking texture photos

I went for a quick adventure out of town to Cambridge with my husband for a walk and photo shoot around Lake Te Ko Utu
We also went out for lunch to a fabulous cafe called Onyx Restaurant and i had pate. The service was efficient, the  food good quality and the coffee nice. The decor was sophisticated but not intimidating. I want to go again soon.
 
Little moments can have a feeling and a texture that is very real.



Within two hours of where I live, you have mountains and desert as location. I like the natural elements that abstract into light, texture, shape and shadow.








Writing nonfiction is more like sculpture, a matter of shaping the research into the finished thing. Novels are like paintings, specifically watercolors. Every stroke you put down you have to go with. Of course you can rewrite, but the original strokes are still there in the texture of the thing.



Writing a tribe is fun. They have their own language, their own slang; they repeat it, and it becomes part of the texture of the play. For a writer, that's thrilling. That's when my pen flies.

I love playing with words and texture.


Smaller than a breadbox, bigger than a TV remote, the average book fits into the human hand with a seductive nestling, a kiss of texture, whether of cover cloth, glazed jacket, or flexible paperback.












Creative Quotes about Texture

I search for the realness, the real feeling of a subject, all the 
texture around it... I always want to see the third dimension 
of something... I want to come alive with the object.

No comments: