Saturday, November 6, 2010

Walking in Nature




When  I am  creating; events that are happening around me and emotions I am experiencing become part of my work whether it is obvious to me or not.

In the words of Picasso, painting is just another way of writing a diary.   

Writers often say when they are passing over their novel to publishers it is like handing over their baby. 
 How many times have you listened to authors talks or read their biographies where they have said that the first draft of the book just seemed to write itself? 

It seems to me that if I want to produce work that is centred and cruise into this zone where the words are flowing off my fingers like raspberry jam,  I need to make sure that I regularly take time out.  
Time to walk in nature, time to feed birds, time to stroke the cat and time to be alone.

 If  I want my work to include tension, drama, danger and excitement  I just need to schedule time in a city scape like Auckland or go to a place where my enemies gather.

I will post some city scape photo's I shot when I went up to stay with my parents in Auckland a couple of months ago. Watch out for a spontaneous pop up...


Creativity quote of the day
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be fish.
Ovid

No comments: