Thursday, November 8, 2012

Photography Competitions.

As part of  National Novel Writing month instead of writing a  50,000 word novel I am going to try to do thirty posts with photographs for the month of November. 
 They are about my creative activities and will include quotes and maybe a haiku or two. 


Today I had to submit some photographs for Rotorua Camera Club end of year competitions. 
I was late as usual. 
I down loaded about 40 photographs to get a set of six and decided to give up on it because I couldn't see things linking enough. 
Judges are stringent and I decided to research the whole thing a lot more before I submit next year. 

 I ended up submitting one print and one electronic image. 
 

But I'm posting some of my selection here now.
Set of six different trees.  
Six different leaves.
Six of the same honesty seeds but at different angles.

  I realised after collating these that they would'n't really make it because they are too disimilar  and yet not disimilar enough in terms of lenses and angles shot from. 
 There  is little visual flow. 

What I'm going to attempt to do is pick one tree and take it during all four seasons plus close up of the leaves. 
I  think it would work better for next year. 



                                     Trees I have met 


"The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way.  Some see Nature all ridicule and deformity, and some scarce see Nature at all.  But to the eyes of the man of imagination, Nature is Imagination itself."
-  William Blake, 1799, The Letters    

                                                                    
                    Grasses I  have met


                    


 Walt Whitman

                                Leaves I have met



                                           Honesty seeds I have met

                      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
                        Robert Louis Stevenson


All photographs and  images on this blog are for sale.

Email me at jkeen@clear.net.nz with your enquiry. 

Phone 07 3463435 

All photographs are copyrighted by Janet Keen and may not be used  for any purpose without written permission 

 


No comments: