Thursday, November 21, 2013

Art in the Park Rotorua New Zealand April Hines and Janet Keen, February 2013

This is my great Friend April with our stand at Art in the Park. 
She makes beautiful angel dolls and I paint angel pictures and make mosaic crosses.

It is the first time I have exhibited with April.  
I don't usually go into art shows like this any more because of all the work in setting up and pulling it down and sitting in the hot sun.

But April made the whole experience fun  because she had done it many times before in America and New Zealand and she had great props to make our stand look professional and engaging.

Lots of people were attracted and they bought quite a number of April's dolls. 
I sold some cards and some people into my mosaic classes. 


Would I do it again? 
No I probably wouldn't, unless it was with April.
 But I can't do it with her because she is now living in Portland, Oregin,  America. 
This is sad but I communicate with her via the email  often so we won't lose touch. 

I am  planning to travel to see her in Portland  in the future. 
This is the place where all the famous  mixed media American artists live that I love. 
It will be so much fun to go there and view all the work and be inspired. 
I will also visit San Francisco. 
Fun,  creativity and adventure, here we come 

Creative Quote of the Day
One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca


 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Janet,when you come to America, could you stop by Las Vegas?

Janet keen Artist, Writer, Photographer, Teacher said...

Id love to go to Vegas if it was on the way. Have to check it out on the vast map of America. Thanks for commenting